A Spicy Stew of Economics, Politics, Data, Food, Carpentry, etc.
Mmmm, Peach Butter
Peach Butter Recipe
So simple it hardly qualifies as a recipe, but the results are good.
* Pick 5 pounds of peaches.
* Ripen in a paper bag if necessary.
* Skin peaches: Plunge into boiling water for a minute and remove skin when cool.
* Cut into pieces and remove pit.
* Add 1 tbs. cinnamon.
* Simmer, uncovered, 3-5 hours, occasionally stirring and mashing peaches with the spoon, until all the liquid is boiled off. It's done when the peaches have turned into a stringy-looking mass with chunks of peaches.
* Makes 1 pint.